Chilean Lake District and Volcano Ski Adventure
Departures: July 29, August 6, 13, 20, 27 & September 3
Experience the majestic scenery and beauty of southern Chile. This is an original, off-the-beaten-path, ski tour that will allow you to discover some of the finest ski jewels in southern Chile during this unforgettable adventure. Join us on our Chilean Patagonia Volcano adventure through Chile’s Ring of Fire, skiing and snowboarding snow-covered volcanoes while challenging yourself in one of the more remote areas of the Andes.
Part I - Corralco
Days 1: Your Chilean Volcano Adventure will start in Temuco the capital of the Lake Region. Upon arrival you will drive east into the Andes and check into the Malalcahuello hot springs hotel where you will stay for the next two nights.
Days 2 - 3: Skiing and riding at Corralco resort. This is one of Chile's most beautiful resorts surrounded by ancient Araucarian forests. For those with the proper gear there is plenty of terrain for touring the sides of the volcano. At the end of Day 3 you will drive to Pucon approximately 2 hours to the south.
Part II - Villarrica
Day 4 - 5: Pucon is the adventure center of the Lake District and sits at the base of Chile's most active volcano. Villarrica Resort is just 20 minutes from your hotel and provides advanced terrain. Those with touring gear can reach the summit and look into the bubbling crater in just 4 hours. Your three night stay in Pucon is at the incredible Antumalal Hotel.
Days 6: Today you wil travel two hours to the south to the Huilo Huilo resort. Along the way you will stop at the Termas Geometricas for a soak in these natural hot springs. Arriving to Huilo Huilo you will check in to the Boabab Hotel.
Part III - Huilo Huilo
Days 7: Your third volcano awaits you. After an adventurous ride through milenial beech forests you will arrive to one of Chile's most remote ski centers. The summit of the volcano can only be reached by snowcat or snowmobile. From the top, spectacular views of the lake region and wide open slopes.
Day 8: Return north to Temuco for your flight to Santiago and onward travel.
Price: US $2,750 per person based on double occupancy
- Two nights hotel Termas Malalcahuello
- Three nights hotel Antumalal
- Two nights hotel Boabab
- All breakfasts & dinners
- All ski lift passes
- All ground transportation
- Air travel
- Reciprocity arrival fee upon landing at Santiago International Airport (United States $131, Canada $123, Australia $61)
- Ski / Board Touring Equipment
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel Insurance: All participants must provide proof of insurance for extreme sports covering medical evacuation and treatment. Failure to have adequate insurance can be extremely expensive. You will be charged all incurred costs for your rescue, evacuation and medical treatment.
- Guided backcountry touring
- Extra meals
Back Up Plans: In case of bad weather, we will suggest different daily activities at additional cost including:
- Natural hot springs
- Spa and massages services
- Cultural visit in indigenous community
- Mapuche Gastronomy
- July 30
- August 6,13, 20, 27
- September 3
Who should take this tour?
- Resorts are appropriate for Intermediate and Advanced skiers and riders
- Backcountry skiers and riders
- Guided (additional costs) and unguided options available
- Skiers/riders that have already traveled to Chile and are interested in seeing a new part of the country
- Skiers/riders interested in cultural experience and scenic landscapes in addition to a ski trip
- Skiers/riders that can’t get a reservation in other resorts that are booked up
- Note: requires some flexibility on part of client
- Weather in the Lake District is more variable than Chile’s Central Region
- In case of bad weather alternative activities will be offered
- Smaller resorts but no crowds
- Rewarded with authentic South America experience